What are the security risks that are involved with eCommerce sites?
Check out the following risks that you must watch out for with eCommerce websites
- Online security threats including malware, phishing attacks, hacking, spam mail and more
- System reliability issues such as the crash of ISP, errors in online payment system and bugs in the eCommerce plugin.
- Privacy issues: Compromising of customer’s personal information and use for spamming, unsolicited marketing and identity thefts
- Customer disputes: Customers not receiving their orders, the received product not like the one shown or described on the website, credit card charged twice and more
- Credit card fraud: Use of stolen credit card on your website for purchase or a hacker stealing data from other customers in the system
- Intellectual property issues: The images, product descriptions, logos, videos, music and products may be copied by some other websites or may have been lifted from Elsewhere.
- SEO: Change in algorithm of by search engines which may cause traffic drop to your website.
- Taxation: Liable to miss out on including and paying the fair sales, shipping and/or import taxes
- Return of goods and warranty: May have to deal with product returns that result in the rise of expenses or inability to resell the item at the original price.
- Warehousing and Logistics: Out of stock products for which orders have been received, delay in shipment and delivery to incorrect recipient are a few of the issues you may have to deal with.